13 June 2012

“What is poetry, anyways” by Ra! Gabriel


They want articles about highways
in Arizona. I give them pipe bombs
sucking in air, windows shattering
out, blood sprinkled over.

They want cards with sweet messages
on holidays. I give them presidents
in back rooms whispering into ears
of prostitutes sent from nearby
embassies.

They want one for the children
they teach. I give them the children
teaching them with mouth to mic,
fat baby fingers rapping a podium,
rocking a poem; shut up, 
they’ve forced me to tell them,
turn down the TV and listen


 Nota Bene:
  • If you didn't already know, "Ra Gabriel" is mi nom de guerre
  • See Poem at Mad Swirl with many other of my poems.  Grateful Acknowledgement is made to the Editors for continually publishing my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Embedded Blog from Tumblr