30 May 2009

The Sacred Calendar

Some of you may know that recently at HUFS I was asked by my level 5 students to a do a calendar reading for them. They had heard that I was once studying to be a Mayan Deeper (Aj Q'ij, in K'iche') and were curious about their own signs and personalities. I looked on the web for a simple answer to their questions (doing a reading myself is quite laborious and time-consuming because I'm not a mathematical savant and I'm out of practice. I found the Internet to be strangely devoid of solid information on the subject and would like to divulge what I know to you. So if you're interested in some Mayan wisdom (and astronomical wisdom they certainly had) check out my Sacred Calendar link. Le in, in Lak'ech.


----



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Embedded Blog from Tumblr